making waves charity
Making Waves is a registered charity whose principal aim is to raise funds and provide support to people in West Yorkshire with learning difficulties who use the Waves Day Care Centre in Slaithwaite
Making Waves charity is run entirely by unpaid volunteers. Our trustees are:
- Andrew Hirst - Chairman
- Michael Nolan- Secretary
- Vincent Wadworth- Treasurer
- Angela Skelton - Committee member
- Sarah Wadsworth - Committee member
what are the donations used for?
The money we raise is used to help people with learning difficulties lead full lives by helping them to meet the costs of:
- Holidays, short breaks and social activities.
- Day care placements and therapy.
- Respite care and overnight breaks at short notice when their families are in crisis.
- Specialist equipment to enable person centered care.
want to help?
We also have a longer term aim to build and staff bespoke accommodation in Slaithwaite to help people with learning difficulties live independently.
As well as being happy to accept funds we occasionally need help in other ways. We are currently looking for people with the following skills:
- Someone with legal training and knowledge of charity law who we could call on if we ever need help or advice with legal issues
If you have a funding idea or are organising a collection we have branded buckets, T-shirts and publicity boards all bearing our logo that you can borrow.
Making Waves is separate from Waves day provision. BJSR Ltd T/A Waves is run independently from the Making Waves charity. Waves day provision fundraises for the charity and can submit requests on behalf of members and their carers. All requests go through the Making Waves trustees who are independent from Waves day provision. Making Waves - Registered Charity No: 1163912